As a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team this resource will function as a hands-on engineer providing functional controls expertise for project design, construction, commissioning, and start-up as related to industrial controls for an on-site project located in McDonough, GA.
We offer competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package including 401k with Employer Match, Company Stock Program, Vacation, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, etc.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will use engineering principles to design and/or improve the client's manufacturing controls systems in various types of industrial environments. Will follow client defined standards and scope, and maintain communication and interface with appropriate client contacts. Responsible for controls design, installation, start-up and project documentation. May participate on project teams across multiple clients simultaneously.
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related preferred
• Proven Control System Design experience
• Rockwell Automation Platform Experience (PLC 5 and ControlLogix)
• Wonderware HMI experience required
• Rockwell SE and ME HMI experience
• Rockwell Variable Speed Drive experience
• Proven Network and Communications experience with Profibus and Ethernet I/P
• Electrical design with CAD experience, preferred
• Client support and interface skills
• Strong analytical, communication (oral & written) and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Field commissioning and start-up experience
• Heavy Industrial Industry experience required
• Some This is an in-plant assignment and field work is required, which could involve climbing ladders, climbing onto platforms, crawling around in machinery and walking for extended periods of time
• Experience Level: 5+ years
• Must be able to climb ladders, walk over crossovers, and access equipment
• Must be able to climb a caged personnel ladder
• Must be capable of walking the distance from parking lot to designated job area (may be up to 1 mile+), in addition to walking throughout a large manufacturing plant during course of day for required meetings and other required duties.